Advanced Pools, Inc. in Memphis, Tennessee offer 5 reasons to choose a concrete swimming pool when designing the family pool project.
Is there anything better, after a long day at work or in a hot, summer day than donning a bathing suit and jumping into your own swimming pool? We can’t think of anything! Are you in the process of having your own family pool project done? Are you trying to decide which building material is best for your project?
5 reasons to choose a concrete swimming pool
One of the first decisions you will make when talking with a swimming pool contractor is the building material for your pool. Your choices are — and they all have merits and some drawbacks so make sure you are fully informed.
Here are the options: Concrete; Vinyl or Fiberglass
For sake of giving you one option to consider, we will only explore the benefits and potential drawbacks of a concrete aka gunite swimming pool project.
- Concrete swimming pools last for decades.
- These pools are more highly prized when buying or selling a home.
- It allows for flexibility and personalization and can be designed to fit in to your existing landscaping.
- A well-maintained concrete pool adds to the value of your home and is an investment in the property.
- Working with an experienced swimming pool contractor lets you uncover ways in which the swimming pool will enhance the aesthetics of your backyard.
- Concrete is the most flexible of the building materials and allow for more “free form” pool designs.
- Concrete is the most durable of the pool building materials.
- Concrete is one of the most expensive of the construction materials — and with good reason — their life span
Before you make any decisions on the pool of your dreams, talk with your pool contractor to assure you’re getting the most pool for your money and that you’re getting the ideal pool construction material.