You certainly don’t want to give up precious swimming time this summer, but if you have been thinking about a swimming pool upgrade, here are 5 swimming pool upgrades to consider this year.
A home renovation might turn into a swimming pool renovation or upgrade as well — many homeowners bundle a home and pool remodel project together if they’re applying for a home renovation loan.
You may want to upgrade your swimming pool if there were items you wanted when you originally had the pool constructed, but didn’t have the budget for. Another reason for an upgrade for your pool is if you bought the home with the pool already there; now you may want to take some steps to truly make the pool your own.
There are amenities that can be added to the pool to make it run more smoothly — this might not be an upgrade you can see, but if you need a new filter or pump, your pool will certainly benefit even though it may not be cosmetic. Talk with your swimming pool contractor from Advanced Pools, Inc. in Memphis, Tennessee and get on his schedule for a pool remodel at the end of the season.
5 swimming pool upgrades to consider this year
Consider one, or more, of these:
- Refinishing the pool’s aggregate finish. A new aggregate pool plaster will make your pool look like new. You can also add colors and even quartz stones or pebbles to truly make a unique mark on the family pool.
- Get salty! A salt water chlorinator is a way to use fewer chemicals in the pool water to keep it clean and to swim in a pool that is cleaned through the power of salt. A salt water chlorinator is ideal for many because it removes the need for adding chlorine. Chlorinators prevent itchy eyes and green hair by regulating their own chlorine levels. They may be pricy, but if you want to move away from using chemicals, this may be an ideal option.
- Safety and aesthetics. Adding fiber optic or LED lights to the swimming pool can make nighttime swimming safer. These lights create a dynamic background for night time gatherings. Opt for fiber optic lights at the bottom of the deep end of the swimming pool. If your swimming pool has a waterfall, add lights behind it for a romantic effect.
- Add an electronic auto fill device. Swimming pools lose water through splashing and evaporation. When you have an auto fill it will be set to refill the pool when the water levels reach a certain depth. You won’t have to worry about the water levels or think about running a hose to fill it to proper levels.
- Add a deck or update the coping. Some people have to cut back on pool accessories or upgrades when they have their pool constructed. If you had to make decisions and leave out items during your initial pool project, use the upgrade to add a luxurious outdoor living area.
- Hot tub, slide, diving board or sunshelves are some of the other items you could consider adding to your pool as part of your upgrade and renovation project.
Once you have your budget in place, give us a call and let’s set up a site visit and discuss what you want the most in your pool renovation project and let’s work together to help you get it.