Is the coronavirus quarantine starting to become boring? Are you trying to find ways to entertain the children while everyone is home and not able to go to the park or to play with friends, we have put together a list of 5 ways to have more fun around the pool (and not break the bank).
If you’re looking for ways to have fun, spend time together and do so in an inexpensive way but in one that will build family memories we have tips! We know you can only play so many games with pool noodles or swim laps and race one another or perform the biggest, best and splashiest cannonball!
5 ways to have more fun around the pool
- Light up the night with LED string lights. These lights won’t typically be a lure to nighttime bugs because they don’t burn hot enough to draw them in. Also, string, or twinkle lights, bring ambiance to the poolside space. Look for lights in various colors or even various styles — there are some that look like Christmas tree lights, owls, mini lanterns and others.
- Plan a scavenger hunt. You can have the scavenger hunt in the pool, around the backyard and pool area or a combination of both. Hide items around the yard and drop items that are heavy enough to drop to the bottom of the pool and not get pulled into the skimmer basket. Offer a treasure map or written clues that will draw the “scavengers” from one clue to another. The person who finds the final clue first is the winner!
- Have a picnic breakfast. What?! Breakfast picnic? Why not? Picnics don’t have to be the realm of dinner or lunch only. You can have a picnic at any time and your family will think that is delightful! Make it easier on yourself by preparing a breakfast casserole the night before, pop it in the oven and join the family for an early morning swim while breakfast cooks.
- Watch a movie under the stars. just because the sun has gone down doesn’t mean the fun has to stop, right? Pop some popcorn, throw some blankets and pillows on the ground and watch a movie! you can invest in a projector and screen for around $100 or you could set up your television in a sheltered area and watch a family-friendly movie together there.
- Float some candles on the water and have a slow, calm family swim before everyone heads off to bed!
What are you doing to while away the hours of quarantine? Remember, your pool contractors are essential services and that means we can come and clean and maintain your swimming pool and our swimming pool contractors at Advanced Pools, Inc serves the Memphis, Tennessee area, follow all safety guidelines and you won’t have to come in contact with us — for your safety and ours. Give us a call.