You want a swimming pool. You and your family have dreamed of a swimming pool but you’re wondering how to set the budget for your pool project. It is not an easy thing to do because most people don’t know what a pool will cost. If, however, you know what you can afford you can talk with one of our pool contractors from Advanced Pools, Inc. in Memphis, Tennessee and we can work within your budget to help you get the pool of your dreams.
If a swimming pool has been on your mind and if 2020 is the year you’re going to take the plunge, you want to put together the budget for the construction itself as well as for ongoing maintenance and increases in utility bills once the project is done.
When you consider that a swimming pool will be with your family for decades — long after the memories of your family’s weeklong vacation has faded you want to get the best for your pool construction budget.
How to set the budget for your pool project
Here are a few budget items for swimming pool projects.
- Ask friends what they paid — this will give you an idea of how far your budget may go
- Look at the family budget to see how much you can afford as a payback amount if you need to take out a loan
- Let us know what you have to spend and we can help you determine what you can get for that budget
- Don’t forget a cushion in the budget for potential cost overruns
- Know what you can afford to pay back monthly in the family budget
- Ask what the potential increase in utility bills may be
- Ask us to put together everything you want in your pool project and outdoor living space even if you can’t afford it all right now. If you do that, you will know where other items will eventually go once you can afford it
- Get at least three estimates and compare pricing apples to apples
- Don’t skimp on pool equipment — the more you pay up front, the more you may save in the long run on the cost of upkeep and maintenance
Talk with owners of pools constructed by those from whom you gather estimates. Decide whether you really want a gunite, fiberglass or vinyl liner pool. Put your budget together and give us a call. Even during the coronavirus shut down, we are working as pool professionals are considered essential workers.