Diving boards can be fun, but they can also be dangerous the swimming pool contractors from Advanced Pools, Inc in Memphis, Tennessee explains. If you’re going to get a diving board this summer, we have some advice to make it as safe and enjoyable as it can be. Should you get a diving board? It’s a personal decision, but there are also practical items to consider.
- Will your homeowner’s insurance go up?
- Will your homeowner’s insurance provider allow a diving board (some won’t and some will require higher liability limits)
- Is your pool wide, long and deep enough to allow for one?
Should you get a diving board?
When talking with your pool contractor about the addition of this pool accessory he or she will explain:
- There are springboard styles. These are, well, springy! There is a base on the pool deck and it has springs to give more height and bounce.
- Platform boards don’t have bounce like springboard styles do
One of the main considerations for the installation of one has to be safety, safety, safety.
In order to use a diving board safely you must.
- Have a pool that is long, wide and deep enough to accommodate one. Your pool contractor can let you know whether your pool qualifies.
- There needs to be a rule that if there are a lot of people in the pool, no one can use it. An underwater collision can cause injury or even worse.
- Make certain the diving board you purchase has a non-slip or slip resistant covering. Check its integrity regularly and replace it when it is non slip any longer
If you’re looking at installing this pool accessory this summer, give us a call so we can work with you to ensure your pool can accommodate it safely.