What can you do if you want a swimming pool but don’t have a large budget, but more importantly, don’t have a large yard? Does that mean you can’t have a swimming pool? Not at all! Should you get a lap pool? It’s a question the swimming pool contractors in Memphis, Tennessee who work at Advanced Pool Care get asked all the time.
- If you have a long, thin yard a lap pool is great.
- If you don’t have much of a budget this might just fit.
- If you don’t want to give up too much of your yard, but want a pool, then look into a lap pool.
Traditionally, lap pools were prized by individuals who wanted a pool to swim laps in. These pools are becoming more popular though for families who want it all — a pool and yard space! Also, there is no reason you can’t host a pool party in a lap pool!
Should you get a lap pool?
Here are a few other lap pool benefits.
- They use less water
- They require fewer chemicals
- Lap pools complement many architectural styles
- Lap pools can have accessories like fountains and unique features.
Lap pool facts
- They are about 40-75 feet long
- They are about 8-10 feet wide
- They are typically 3.5 feet deep
- That doesn’t mean you can’t customize your design. For example, L-shaped lap pools are ideal for ease of getting into and out of the pool without having t have steps or a ladder that interrupts swimming flow
Don’t count yourself out of being a pool owner simply because you have a small yard in which to put one. Give us a call and let’s talk about a lap pool project.