Once your swimming pool has been installed you’re pretty much stuck with where it is. It’s much too big to pick up and move and start over! When you’re talking with one of the design professionals from Advanced Pool Care in Memphis, TN ask for a bird’s eye view of what your pool will look like when the project is done.
More importantly, look at how the pool fits in with the rest of the yard. Do you still have space to enjoy the back yard? Do your children have room to play and your dogs have room to run? What does the flow look like from the house to the pool? What does the pool look like in relation to the current landscaping and trees?
Where should you put the pool? 5 tips
The pool you are considering having constructed could be:
- Above ground
- Infinity edge
- Lap pool
- Beach entry
- Pool/spa combination
Decide on a size and style then you can move forward with the placement. Or some potential pool owners will tell us, “this is the space we have allotted for the pool — what will fit.” No matter which option you go with, it’s a decision to put thought into.
Here are questions to ask when planning the project:
- Do you live in an area of the country where the sun shines almost year round? Is it blistering hot (like in Arizona)? What shade trees do you have to help regulate the pool water and the outdoor living space.
- Do you deal with deep freezes? Do you have space for an indoor swimming pool? If not, and if you have a spa/pool combination, what will the walk from the house to the pool be like in the middle of winter?
- Will you have an outdoor kitchen or another type of poolside space built along with the pool project?
- Will you want to use trees, your safety fence and even your home as a wind block and a privacy barrier from the prying eyes of neighbors?
- The further away from the house the pool is, the more it will cost to run plumbing and electricity — keep that in mind.
Give us a call and let’s get your potential project sketched out.