Making a decision on whether to have a swimming pool constructed is not as easy as 1, 2, 3. It takes time, planning and asking a lot of questions to a potential swimming pool contractor in Memphis, Tennessee before you sign on the dotted line and call yourself swimming pool owner! If, however you’ve decided this is the year for a swimming pool of your very own, you likely know it will not only increase the value of your home, but it will become the hub of the family and offer hours of fun and relaxation. With that in mind, the questions start to add up and you need to have them addressed before you can make an informed pool buying decision. Here are some items the swimming pool builders at Advanced Pool Care believe you should be exploring:
1. Cost – Above ground pools are less expensive than in-ground pools. The average price of an above ground pool runs around $5,000 compared to a traditional in-ground pool which costs around $25,000. However, the in-ground pool adds value to both your lifestyle and your property and they last much longer than above ground structures.
2. Space – What type of space do you have available in your backyard and what are the zoning requirements in your area for pool installation. If your space is limited, you might want to consider an above ground as they can be installed even on a small terrace area.
3. Choice – The choices for size, shape and materials are varied for both above ground and in-ground pools. Either option offers benefits but when it comes to an in-ground pool, the options are almost endless when it comes to choosing a pool to complement your yard and environment.
4. Installation – Above ground swimming pools can be assembled and installed easily. You can either do it yourself, or enlist the help of a professional. An in-ground pool should be installed by a professional, although that is not to say that installing an above ground pool couldn’t benefit from the installation knowledge provided by a pool installation professional.
5. Portability – Above ground swimming pools may be portable. If you are renovating your house or considering a move, they can be taken with you to another location. An in-ground pool, obviously is a long term commitment so if you think you may not be living for long in your current home, you might want to consider an above ground.
6. Durability – Above ground pools are not as durable as in-ground pools and are more readily effected by the weather – rains, chemical effects, winds, etc. The average lifespan of an above ground pool is about five years. Installing an in-ground pool is an investment of a lifetime that will offer many dividends.
Installing a pool is a long term investment that is sure to provide many rewards and benefits for your family and friends.