If you’ve put together the budget for the family swimming pool project you may still be wondering how to design the family swimming pool. The swimming pool contractors from Advanced Pools, Inc in Memphis, Tennessee understand this and help make the process as easy and smooth as possible.
You may be thinking of a pool in your backyard for summer 2019 and if that’s the case, you will want to get started as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on any precious swim time! Making the decision on the swimming pool was the biggest hurdle, now you need to decide the design of the pool itself.
There are so many options:
There are advantages and disadvantages to each style and you will want to talk with us or do a lot of research up front to decide which style and shape is best not only for your existing backyard shape, but for the budget. The construction material you choose may also be a deciding factor on the shape of your pool.
Gunite offers the widest variety of shape types, fiberglass is next and a vinyl liner pool is the pool type that has the least flexibility in styles. Remember, in addition to the shape of the pool, the accessories, coping and tile will also lend itself to the uniqueness of your family pool.
How to design the family swimming pool
Here are a “few things to think about” when designing the family pool
- Will you want your swimming pool to be a party spot or a relaxing, secluded area?
- Will the swimming pool be more of a play for the kids to play, for exercise or both?
- Will you want a poolside misting unit
- What kind of outdoor amenities do you want? Deck? Outdoor kitchen? What kind of furniture?
- Do you want a hot tub or spa?
- Will you want a diving board or slide?
- Will you want a pool heater?
- Don’t forget to budget for the pool cover
- What kind of safety amenities do you want in addition to the required pool fence?
- How many people do you think will be in the pool at the same time?
- Will your swimming pool be constructed in a secluded corner of the backyard or will be complement the house or will it be the focal point of a newly constructed outdoor living area?
Make certain when you’re sharing with the pool contractor all of the dreams you have for your family swimming pool that you are also sharing what your budget for the project is. Your pool contractor can help you put a price on each item and help you get the pool of your dreams. Find a pool contractor who listens to you, shares information with you and with whom you feel comfortable.
Don’t forget to talk with your pool contractor about after-project pool care and how much, on average, your utility bills will increase once the pool project is complete.